Friday, June 29, 2007

I'm such a follower.....


So, if you read the Yarn Harlot's blog you know she has knitted a few of these cute sweaters, the Tulips baby cardigan using Dream in Color worsted. Of course I read it and I love anything rainbow. Rainbow patterned/colored things just call out to me, I don't know why since really I am not a girly rainbow kinda gal usually. Anyway, I have been seriously pondering contacting the Canadian LYS she got her kits from to order one for myself but put it off because I really don't know anything about things being shipped from Canada to the States in terms of customs, costs, length of time, etc......yep, I am ignorant about these things and too lazy to do anything about it right now, like look it up online......
Anyway, on Wednesday night I go to my LYS, Knitting Bee, for social knitting time and as soon as I walked in I saw she had kits put together for sale. So I was good and knit for an hour then walked around the store for an hour convincing myself why I didn't really need another pattern when I have so much on my to-do list. Then decided that this is better than all that other stuff on my list because it is rainbow colored and bought it anyway. Also, convinced myself it was really ok to spend the money on the kit because it is much better to get the kit, which comes with the right amount of each yarn and the pattern, than to give in one day when no kits are to be found and spend money on whole skeins of each color when so little of each is needed. How's that for justification? I am very excited to cast on but don't think I'll get to before tomorrow or Sunday night.

No comments: